When your son is getting married—random observations…
1. You feel old.
2. You sit around, replaying all the memories, wishing you could go back and relive a few.
3. You should just say “ok” to all the ladies helping with the wedding. DON’T get involved!
4. You thank the Lord for giving you a chance to be a dad.
5. You wish you were a better dad.
6. You feel nervous. (Not really sure why…)
7. You feel a little numb.
8. You listen—a lot. Again, just say, “ok”—DON’T get involved!
9. You have a sense of joy and pleasure in seeing the man he has become.
10. You dream about their future.
11. You are thankful for every person who ever influenced him or his bride.
12. You get to see a lot of people that you never see.
13. You feel blessed to be gaining a daughter-in-law.
14. You thank God for every day you took off, every vacation you enjoyed, every family night you planned, every get-away, every adventure, every laugh, every meal, every prayer…
15. You only wish you had played more, prayed more, given more, and enjoyed more…
Ok—enough looking back and feeling melancholy! Look forward…
Hey Lance, when you get back from your honeymoon, let’s me and you and Larry go throw the baseball sometime!